The Armchair Hockey League 2.0
The third and fourth game cycles (back-to-backs) ... to game 44 are now available for lineup entry!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The third and fourth game cycles (back-to-backs) ... to game 44 are now available for lineup entry!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The third and fourth cycles of games are now up and available for entry (up to game 44). I also set transactions to sort by most recent first so that the latest ones appear immediately on page one and go in reverse order of date. Thanks ... Gordon

Go down
Hackers
Hackers

League playoffs 2019-20 season Empty League playoffs 2019-20 season

Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:57 pm
If the league starts up with any regulat season games we modify our playoff schedule to accomodate as many games as possible including combining nights to get to 7 games.

It is not likely that there will be any regular season games this year. In that event I see 2 options:
1) we cancel the season entirely rolling back all trades / cancel the season letting all trades stand - both these suck in my opinion as someone will get seriously screwed over.
2) Continue the playoffs at the start of next years schedule. The 3 remains managers would have 2 rosters the one they have now and the one they will have after cuts / draft etc. These 3 managers would enter 2 lineups one regular and one playoff. This is not ideal due to injuries retirements trades etc but I think it sucks less than option #1

If you alternative choices feel free to propose them
This will be voted on by the whole league

Discuss....
Dutchies
Dutchies

League playoffs 2019-20 season Empty Re: League playoffs 2019-20 season

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:24 pm
Option one - no way lol
Option 2 - I'm ok with this. Not the best option based on what was listed, but better than scrapping the whole season without a winner.

Option 3 - each remaining team builds their actual team on NHL 20 for Playstation. Each guy finds a kid to play for them (let's admit it, we're all too old to be any good at video games), and pays them out of their winnings.
Ole
Ole

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:32 am
I would be happy with either option. Of course the teams that were rebuilding would not want that since they made many trades to improve the future of their teams.

Running concurrent games is a simple viable option where we at least play it out and compete. I mean after all isn't it about competing. It isn't the best option but it seems to be the easiest given the current circumstances. There are only three of us left and its pretty simple

ole
Pizza Posse

Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:55 pm
My opinion is the following:

If league games for this season are done--then no playoffs and no league champion for this season

We roll-over all contracts and star fresh next year!
Idiots

Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:28 pm
Keep teams as they are for next year.

You cannot keep the teams into the next NHL season as players will be traded between teams (or move as free agents) which means that your current team is not what it would be next year.

No champion, the current managers just figure out how to split the money / winnings that would have been earned (if no agreement all money carries into next season).

The Witch Doctors
The Witch Doctors

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:37 pm
I agree with Posse & Idiots , we have no champion for the 2019 season
and McD roles contracts as usual per offseason.

As for $$$ split .... I propose

(Since Hart & Doctors series wasn’t settled, they are combined as one team and split $$$ they would have played for 50-50)

Toilet Bowl - Posse gets 50% & Hart / Witch get 25% each of this pot

Finals - combine the winner & loser payout $$$
Oles was guaranteed a finals spot he gets 50%
Hart / Witch get 25 % each

Nice n Simple
Ole
Ole

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:36 am
Having no champion for me is totally unacceptable. There are three of us left we should be willing to compete. I am already at a disadvantage since my players were hot going into the final and now you guys don’t want to play it out. Wow! I like everyone else hopes the nhl comes back this season but if not at least I’m willing to compete

Ole
The Witch Doctors
The Witch Doctors

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:33 pm
Learn to read , we said if the season DOES NOT continue then there is no Champion , not that the season is over.

Using next years schedule is just a farce , I built my team and made trades for THIS SCHEDULE anything else is totally unacceptable to me

Hackers
Hackers

Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:22 pm
We will be deciding the league championship this season by drawing scores from league games this season. The draw will be held in Ireland and you’re all invited to attend. For those of you that cannot attend in person there will be a Zoom meeting set up so you can watch
, laugh and for some cry.

We have obtained a bingo machine with numbered balls. We will be rechecking the scoring If the game has a one goal or less differential. I know you all believe that every scorer is always perfect but we feel that this will draw out the event and allow for more comments from the peanut gallery.

This is a governors decision not a league vote. 3 months of discussion has not resulted in agreement. So it’s been decided by the Flash and myself.
Dutchies
Dutchies

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:24 pm
Hackers wrote:We will be deciding the league championship this season by drawing scores from league games this season. The draw will be held in Ireland and you’re all invited to attend. For those of you that cannot attend in person there will be a Zoom meeting set up so you can watch
, laugh and for some cry.

We have obtained a bingo machine with numbered balls. We will be rechecking the scoring If the game has a one goal or less differential. I know you all believe that every scorer is always perfect but we feel that this will draw out the event and allow for more comments from the peanut gallery.

This is a governors decision not a league vote. 3 months of discussion has not resulted in agreement. So it’s been decided by the Flash and myself.

I'm just glad we finally have a verdict on how we're ending the season, so that we can start planning for next season lol
Pizza Posse

Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:40 pm
with the playoffs worked out, thinking it time for McD to roll the contracts and see where they land

just a thought....to spark some interest in this game???

Dutchies likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum