The Armchair Hockey League 2.0
The third and fourth game cycles (back-to-backs) ... to game 44 are now available for lineup entry!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The third and fourth game cycles (back-to-backs) ... to game 44 are now available for lineup entry!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The third and fourth cycles of games are now up and available for entry (up to game 44). I also set transactions to sort by most recent first so that the latest ones appear immediately on page one and go in reverse order of date. Thanks ... Gordon

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://armchairhockey.forumotion.com

Trade disputed by JP Empty Trade disputed by JP

Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:06 pm
Here is JPs protest justification for the McDavid/Debrincat trade:

"Gentlemen, here is the rationale for my protest in hot form:

Saad for Parise is a Wash

Perron and Granlund almost a wash as Perron’s salary is higher, but they’re more or less similar players

My concern is with the valuation of Debrincat and Mcdavid (Mcdavid being valued at $16). As Debrincat has only played in the league 2 years, as per guidelines, you cannot assign him a valuation based on 3 Year average.

If we’re sticking to the guidelines, Debrincat’s value should be his contract value of $1.25, 1.50 plus the $5 residual which would work out to $7.75.

$16 -7.75 – 2.00 (variance) = $6.25 off"
Hackers
Hackers

Trade disputed by JP Empty Re: Trade disputed by JP

Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:16 pm
The trade was approved by a vote of 2-1. Details to follow when i get a few free minutes
Dutchies
Dutchies

Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:37 pm
Just a quick note to the Guv's on behalf of the league (whether the other managers agree with me or not).

I just wanted to thank the 3 of you (and 2 alternates) for the time and effort you have put in over the years dealing with the bitching, bullshit and sometimes plain old stupidity that often takes place in this pool.
We appreciate you taking time away from your families and personal lives to deal with issues within the league, especially during the holiday season. This has nothing to do with the current trade that was reviewed but a cornucopia of trades, comments and all around ungentlemanly conduct that has been bothering me for the last few seasons.

Now on to some more pressing needs. The past couple years have been dampened by unrest between managers, so much so that it is affecting friendships and the pools future, which is something I cannot stand by and let go without saying my piece.

I joined this pool over 15 years ago, introduced and nominated by the Oles. I have seen many managers come and go (and even come back again), seen and voted on rule changes, been pissed off with other managers and had other managers pissed off with me, and have had as many ups and downs as anyone else. This pool and my friends within it (which includes all of you and those that have been involved in the past), have helped me get through some very tough times, including everything I have gone through with my daughter, my divorce, losing my job and being unemployed for the past 5 months and so much more than any of you realize.

Gentlemen, keep in mind that this pool is first and foremost supposed to be a fun league between friends. It is an outlet for many that helps release the stress of real life and extend the enjoyment of our love of hockey.

We are all held to a basic standard to do everything we can to make trades and moves that benefit our teams for the current year of subsequent years. Everyone has a different value of players, way of running / building their team and each individual relationship between managers is different and unique. But it is up to each of us to ensure we are doing this in a way that is always beneficial and in the best interest of the pool and our team. All of us make up the pool, and without the other 11 managers, you'd just be playing with yourself (pun intended).

Please keep this in mind when making trades, protesting trades and making comments to others and about others.

Every teams needs are different and vary from season to season and even game to game. Off season trades are different than inseason trades. Players values increase and drop within the current season. There are so many variables and that's part of what makes this pool exciting, strategic, difficult and fun. We have rules and guidelines, but they do not cover everything, including the spirit of the league.

Making a move or a trade to help another manager win, or to screw over another manager is NOT in the best interest of the pool, nor is it in the best interest of your team. Keep in mind that your opinion will often have some differences with the 11 other managers in the pool. Just because you feel you are right doesn't mean you are. The only people involved in your life that are always right are your wives, girlfriends and mothers. And before anybody gets all indignant and high and mighty, I am positive that everyone in this league has made at least 1 move during their time in this pool that would fall under the statement above.

I've said my piece........I'm sure there is more I can say, but I've got a few beers in me and this Canada / US game is stressing me out.

Once again, apologies to the KB's and Idiots. This post has nothing to do with your trade, (even though I will say that I don't feel it's a good trade based on the current circumstances), but more so my feelings over the past couple years.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends, and I wish you all the best in the new year.

King of the Dutchies
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum